4/8/14

My New Milk Frothier

I bought a new toy.

Well, technically Kenyon bought me a new toy.  But I gave him my old iPad Mini so I feel less guilty for asking him to buy it for me off Amazon.


After reading Julie’s blog post about all things she loves about coffee, I decided I wanted a milk frothier.  I went for the Aerolatte one she suggested.


I guess I should rewind and explain that I don’t drink milk anymore.  On a cruise several years ago I had a health analysis done and the fitness professional said if I gave up milk I could get rid of some of my belly bloat.  I wasn’t really a milk drinker but had been drinking lattes and putting it into my coffee to help get in my recommended two servings of dairy that WW requires. 

Milk has a lot of sugar in it.  When I added up the PPVs I was spending on milk and flavored creamer at home and my lattes at the coffee shop ($3.75 vs my $2.00 Americano) I decided to give up milk and just use half and half in my coffee.  So, I never had milk on hand.
A month or so ago I bought in some unsweetened Almond milk to use in overnight oatmeal.  Even then I didn’t drink the whole container in the recommended seven day expiration window.

Fast forward to last week when I decided I wanted a milk frothier and that I would start drinking Almond milk within the seven day expiration window.
I added ¼ cup of Almond milk and heated it in the microwave for 40 seconds.  Boy does it froth!

I still have some experimenting to do.  The unsweeted Almond milk is, well not sweet.  So I want to add some sugar substitute before frothing.  I also think I might try pouring my coffee into the cup after frothing the milk.  I liked it on top but then I had to really try and actually reach the coffee.  So either a smaller cup and/or less froth or try to pour it on top for a more incorporated creamy texture.  We shall see.







No comments: