4/23/14

Weekly WI

My goal after returning from Vegas was to get the vacation weight off so I was at least at the same weight at WW when I last did my WI two weeks ago. I knew it was going to be a tough week. On the road trip home from Vegas Wednesday I used up a good amount of my WPPAs. Thursday was egg dying with my nieces and dinner at my sister's house. Friday was National Telecommunications Week and breakfast provided by the brass. Saturday was an early Easter dinner at my parent's house. I was in for a very busy week and my WPPAs were diminishing FAST.

I had not also foreseen that on Friday I would come down with the worst cold I have had in a very long time, which I am still not quite over yet. That put a kink into last week's activity in that I have not worked out all week and I think my daily FitBit total has not even hit 2,000 steps.

My food was all over the place. I didn't have much of an appetite yet it seemed to be easy to eat the left over sweets from the NTW breakfast. The leftover food was hanging around the break room and despite the cinnamon pecan coffee cake being dried out and crusty I couldn't keep my hands from picking out the cinnamon and pecan bits. I stopped tracking all together on Friday. I was already way over my PPVs and the ship was sinking fast.

When it came time to step on the scale yesterday I was a bit fearful. I even considered skipping the scale and just going to my meeting. When I stepped on the scale at home that morning to “assess the damage” I was hopeful that I would at least be the weight I was when I returned from Vegas. Even that little bit of a loss was better than a really huge loss. Obviously, we never know what our bodies will do as I ended up with a 0.6 pound loss.


Actual weight was 181.4 

I'm not quite sure how that happened but I'm not about to tempt fate twice!


I have to be honest in that I am very glad the scale showed a loss. While I had prepared myself for a nasty gain, if I had gained I think it would have been harder to get myself back into better eating. While I still don't feel 100% and taking the trash can out the curb makes me winded, I really needed this loss. It makes me want to get back to healthy eating and tracking. I want to continue to see the scale move down and I plan to ramp up the APs as soon as I am feeling better. 

I hope that comes sooner rather than later!

No comments: