4/3/14

My Weekly Food Recap


Boca burger with cheese on a lettuce bun.  Side of sweet potato roasted fries and asparagus.

Cobb salad.  I got turkey and ham from the deli and boiled some eggs.  I also added two slices of Kirkland cooked bacon.  I have light ranch on the side and pineapple.  A salad isn’t complete without pineapple.





Since I was chopping I made two salads so I was all ready to go for the following day.  Easy lunch.



My non-creative dinner of a AmyLu chicken patty with corn and asparagus.



Strawberries and yogurt.  I chopped up extras for another day.  Easy assembly that way.



OMG.  There are no words.  1 cup is 3 PPVs of pure heaven.



Snack of hummus and pretzel sticks.  Quite the yummy combo.



I’ve been craving Great Harvest Wheaty Cinnamon Roll bread.  Kath and her husband own a Great Harvest and she often has their yummy bread for breakfast.  Our local Great Harvest bakes on Thursdays so last week I ran to the nearest Great Harvest and got a loaf. 





I also picked up a bacon maple scone.  I took a sliver off for part of my breakfast and took the rest to work.  Then I had a few more slivers at work.  Yep, it is delicious.



56 grams is the serving size for a slice of bread and it is 4 PPVs.  I had a big hunk that was 1 ½ servings and 6 PPVs.  While I was tempted to just have half the loaf and call it good, I stuck to one large slice and added some scrambled eggs with chicken sausage and apples on the side.



I made homemade beef stew from pot roast cooked in the crockpot.  It was really good.  I added carrots, corn, green beans, celery, beef broth, and canned tomatoes.  I cut up the roast and added it.  It was really good.



This apple, only the size of my palm, cost me $1.59 at the store.  I’ll tell ya, Honeycrisp apples are good but they are spendy.



Met Mom and my nieces for lunch at Costa Vida.  I had a 2 for 1 coupon and wanted to introduce Mom to the sweet pork salad.  She is officially hooked.  Since Mom never lets me pay, this lunch cost me $0.00.  Mothers!



STRAWBERRIES!  Mom also hooked me up with some strawberries and asparagus when she stopped at Fred Meyer while I was bowling with my nieces.  Pretty good trade if you ask me.



You know my best friend was along for the drive when I met my parents in Nampa to hitch a ride to Murphy for our Ladies Day at Duck Ranch.





Duck Ranch….good eats!











Chinese buffet.  This is the point where I finished up the last of my WPPAs and dipped into my APs.






Since I was all out of extra PPVs I had to work really hard to stay in my 30 DPA.  Here is my breakfast usual: frozen potatoes cooked in olive oil, chicken sausage, egg/white, and oranges on the side.



I got some deli turkey for salads and made a snack of three Melba toasts with hummus and then topped with turkey.



Rosauers had some really good grapes on sale last week.  Very sweet and tasty.

Sunday was the expiration date for the last of my free Jamba Juice coupon my friend Jamie gave me for my birthday.  I had not planned it into my DPA but made it fit!  I got the Light Mango for 4 PPVs.  It was gone in a matter of seconds.



I was searching for food ideas and I found these baked spaghetti boats on Green Lite Bites website.  I was taking mine to work so I dissected it into a Tupperware container.  Kidney beans with salsa on top of cooked spaghetti squash and topped with Mexican cheese.  No skimping on the cheese!  That is a full 28 grams.  I don’t mess around.



I ate pretty much the same stuff on Sunday and Monday and Sunday I had some extra PPVs in my 30 DPA.  Monday I had a slice of Great Harvest bread with sun flower butter before my workout.  It was a good way to use up some of my DPA.



Kenyon and I went to Jalapenos for lunch and I had chicken fajitas that I turned into a salad. 




Tuesday night we ate at home and had fish with tarter sauce.  I sautéed some veggies and added a mix of sauces.  This fish is one of our favorite.  It is Gorton’s Skillet CrispTalapia.  It is a little bit extra $$ but really good.  You get about 5 in a box and one fish fillet is 5 PPVs.



No comments: