8/25/19

Lettuce Wrap Your Burger To Save Points


I love chicken.  And now that it is 0 SPV, it makes it even more tempting.  I generally eat a lot of chicken and I love turkey.  But, I never really like red meat or fish that much.  I love a good hamburger and since I don’t have burgers often (they tend to be high in points) when I do have a burger, it doesn’t take much to whelm me.  When I am at a potluck and hamburgers are on the menu, I can’t wait to enjoy one usually along with some potato chips which I also love.

Have you ever tried your burger in a lettuce wrap?  This can save on average 4-6 points by forgoing the bun.  And honestly, unless it is a nice fresh bakery bun, it feels a bit underwhelming.  So, I’m pretty good at skipping the bun all together or if I’m feeling the carbs, I will cut my burger in half and eating twice the meat and half the bun.  All the goodness and less points for oh…wine or beer!

I’ve had lettuce wrapped burgers at Red Robin, chicken sandwiches too, and I heard The Habit also has the option. Kenyon introduced me to Carl’s Jr. since they have “protein style” burgers.

 


mmmMMMmmm…..I have also tried their protein style chicken breast and it was also really good.

I went for the double cheeseburger after I looked up points in the WW app.  Since I don’t see protein style as part of the points, I am guessing their double cheeseburger includes the bun for 13 points.  I counted this burger as 10 points and enjoyed every bite.  When I had the chicken sandwich, I asked for it without BBQ and cheese and counted it as 0 SPV.  If you are traveling or are pinched for time, it is awesome to have a low point fast food option.

No comments: