8/5/19

Two New WW Chinese Recipes


Part of my meal planning this week included trying out some new WW recipes.  I used the “favorite” open on the WW app so I could find those I saved quickly.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out later that you can edit the original WW recipe for any modifications you make so you don’t have to do the WW math all by yourself.  That made tracking super easy.

We had back-to-back Chinese dishes on the menu thinking we would save half of the Cauliflower Fried Rice for the second meal.  We ended up eating it all on Day One so I made a second batch of rice for Day Two.  I love how easy it is to throw together fried rice and how it is low in points.

Day One: General Tso’s Chicken

 


This recipe was fantastic.  I loved the sauce and the little bit of spice the red pepper flakes added.  I used Splenda sugar substitute in place of the sugar in the original recipe.  Since we didn’t serve ours with white rice, I was able to subtract those points too.  Since it was just the two of us, I split the recipe in half and had “two portions” for the very low SPV of 2.  What a bargain!  I would make this again for sure.

 




Day Two: Beef Broccoli

 
This is just one portion, which felt very tiny but I wasn't very hungry so I save the second half for another meal

This recipe felt a little more involved but was just as delicious.  The majority of the points is in the sirloin, which was really greasy when I sautéed it.  I had planned to have two servings so I modified the recipe for the extra points.  I didn’t make any other modifications.  7 SPV for 2 servings and 3 SPV for 1 serving.

 





I have a few other recipes on the list to try this week.  It has been nice to shake things up when it comes to evening meal planning.

No comments: