8/24/19

Saturday Deep Thoughts


Happy Saturday.  I’ve been doing some deep thinking over here which is a lot for a Saturday.

 

A few months ago I needed some new focus, or least something to de-stress my mind.  Since 2018, I’d been tracking my monthly totals for gains/losses.  With the scale show up more than down in 2019, I was started to get stressed.  Being hyper focused on something that feels so negative makes it hard to push forward.  Taking a cue from a maintenance member I follow on IG, I went back over my weight record and have been keeping track my weight on the last WI of each month for 2019.

 


It is still really easy to get bummed out since I finally reached a new low weight in March only to shoot back up setting on my highest weight of 2019 in July.  Ugh.  But, it also gives me perspective to see there are some months were I am living a bit like I’m in maintenance.  I didn’t do as well as I had hoped over the summer.  When my WW coach asked us where we wanted to be come September, I said I would be happy to be the same weight because at least it means I wouldn’t be heavier.  Well, I might tipped the scale a bit there in July, but come the end of August, I’ve finally gotten back to where I wanted to be.  That makes me feel really happy.

 


Also, if I can lose at least one pound at WI this Tuesday, I’ll “officially” be back at the weight I was the end of December 2018 (216 pounds).  This means I’ve got a clean slate for the remainder of 2019 and I have four months to end this year with an overall loss.  You had better believe I am going to do just that!

 


I’ve had a great week thus far and meal planning, grocery shopping, and pre-planning has helped me earn blue dots each day since Tuesday.  I have no doubt my hard work will pay off.

No comments: