8/11/19

New Travel Luggage



When I see women in the airport rolling with ease their four-wheel suitcase with their laptop bag or tote sitting on top, I’m super jealous.  I feel like I am always schlepping my stuff through the airport like a homeless Bag Lady.  And, once I decided to make the jump to a mini sized Macbook for travel, I really didn’t want to be lugging it around all day. 

I went in search of a new laptop bag and found the Sheripani Sojourn Tote at REI on a discount coupon.  It is the perfect size for travel, has an over the shoulder strap as well as backpack straps, and is the perfect color…purple! 

 


Once I purchased the new laptop bag, my next step was getting a four-wheel carry-on size suitcase.  I wasn’t necessarily actively looking but stumbled on this Ricardo Camden Drive 22” Expandable Softside Carry-On Spinner Luggage at Costco.  What I loved about this suitcase is that it was square, included two packing cubes, had lots of zipper areas, was expandable, and lastly, had a hard plastic 5-1-1 toiletry bag.  Since Costco has such a generous return policy, I picked up a blue one for Kenyon and a gray one for me.  I was packing pretty light for Wisconsin and had tons of extra room.  So, I decided to keep the suitcase and give it a go.

 


I really like it although I do worry the wheels might not be as sturdy as other roller bags but hey, it’s Costco so just safe the receipt.  I felt it rolled better on non-carpet surfaces too and while I am used to rolling a bag behind you, when you are on a slope, ramp, or having any type of incline, it can feel hard to push/pull.  Overall, I really enjoy this suitcase and I plan to continue to use it for domestic travel.  International sized suitcases are best for international travel as they are smaller sized for the smaller airplanes.

 


Now I’ll have to continue to perfect my packing system in this new suitcase. Good thing I’ve got upcoming travel this year and we found out we will have a lot of travel early 2020.  Yeeeehaaawwww!

No comments: