8/2/19

August Apple Watch Activity Challenge


My August Apple Watch Activity Challenge is one of the hardest ones.  I know the hardest ones should be the mileage challenge like in June.  Walking a 5K each day is a struggle.  But, earning 200% of my movement calories takes real conscious effort and often takes a tool on my body.  Where I have had to complete it two or three times in the past, this month I have to reach 200% of my daily movement goal four times. 

 



I have just upped my daily movement goal to 500 calories and I have been able to reach that each day except for when I’m super lazy or wake up super late similar to this last weekend.  I’ve been enjoying the rest since returning from vacation knowing I didn’t have to strive towards any activity goal until August 1st.  I’m going to continue to try and rehab my bum right foot but I also want to keep my activity going.  I have been feeling the positive effects of daily activity and I don’t want to lose all I’ve built up this year.

 

My plan right now is to strive to reach my 200% goal once each week this month and I will most likely do it on a day off.  I get more general movement overall on days off and in order to reach my 200% movement goal, I’m going to have to workout a couple of times in a day.  I also need to make sure my workouts on these days are big calorie burns.  I just want to make sure I don’t kill my body in the process and/or do anymore injury to my foot.  I’m having a patio party on Thursday so the combined movement of exercise, house cleaning, and being up and around for more hours while I entertain guests is a good shot at earning my 200% for the day.  I may shoot for Tuesdays though since I don’t like to procrastinate on a lofty goal like this.

 

The days I am not trying to move my body an excess amount, I’m planning to do more cross-training instead of just treadmill/walking.  I have a feeling the September goal will be another walking challenge.  Thankfully we have another air show to attend so that will help me out if it is a walking challenge.

 

Just like with my food intake/tracking, I have to think ahead and plan out my activity so I can keep myself focused.  I don’t feel like I need to go hard and fast so I’ll continue to adopt the mindset that any movement is better than no movement.  Also, the streak is still alive and well.  I almost broke it on Wednesday since I lounged on the couch most of the afternoon and evening.

 



Have a great weekend.

No comments: