6/18/13

Belated Father's Day

I am a little late in posting about Father's Day. My dad is the strong silent type. He has always been very encouraging while growing up and was a big supporter in my weight loss. After WI each week, Mom and I would meet Dad for dinner and he would say, "how much did you lose?" He was very thoughtful if you ended up gaining that week.

Dad had a cancer scare three years ago. The cancer was at the junction of the pancreas, small intestine, and gall bladder. Thankful surgery, chemo, and radiation rid his body of the cancer. We were very lucky. As you know any type of cancer close to or on the pancreas is a scary one.

There is an annual Ihli fishing trip where all the boys go for Father's Day weekend. Since Grandpa decided to skip this year, a few of us met for breakfast. I have the best Grandpa! He is also the only Grandpa I know as all the others passed away before I was born or when I was little. He is also pretty quiet! It must run in the family.

No comments: